Top 7 Features of the Best Qualified Roofing Contractors
The roof is a crucial part of any home because it provides protection to the rest of your house. Because roof replacement is a major investment, leaving the job in the hands of unqualified roofers often results in sloppy work, no warranty coverage and additional costs.
To help you avoid hiring unskilled contractors, here are seven signs of qualified roofers in Virginia Beach that you should look for.
- Proper license and insurance. A contractor that is licensed by the state is assurance that you’re hiring a skilled roofer. Make sure that the contractor also carries workers’ compensation and liability insurance to avoid any additional expenses.
- Established business. When a business has been in the industry for many years, it is more knowledgeable about different roofing issues. It has also gained trust from customers in the areas which it serves.
- Open communication. A good roofer will always listen to what you have to say. He is open to your suggestions and will do whatever possible to meet your needs. Maintaining an open line of communication helps avoid misunderstandings during the project.
- Manufacturer certifications and warranties. Top manufacturers certify qualified roofing companies upon meeting certain requirements. These certifications create a sense of responsibility and say a lot about the contractor’s workmanship. They also mean that the contractor offers product warranties.
- Good references. You can ask past customers or look at the company’s previous work to see if they’ve done good work on the project. Reviews from online sites like Angie’s List are also helpful to verify if the contractor is reliable and easy to work with.
- Training. Reputable roofing companies require their employees to undergo routine training to stay up-to-date with the latest industry techniques and requirements.
- Written contract. The contract should include all the materials that are to be used in the roofing project, as well as the scope, job duration and detailed list of costs.
For the best roofing in Virginia Beach and the surrounding areas, call on The Roofing Company. We are a licensed and insured roofer in Hampton Roads that specializes in slate roofing. Our GAF Master Elite™ certification confirms that we’re an established contractor that continuously undergoes professional training. We will be happy to help with all your roof replacement needs. Just give us a call today at (757)-903-0050.