5 Sneaky Warning Signs You Shouldn’t Hire THAT Contractor
Tools & Tips
Temperatures have started cooling down right in time for the fall season and another Halloween is now a thing of the past. Don't be fooled, however, by the ghouls and goblins in the contractor industry. They are out there all year around disguised as a real person!
The success of any roofing job depends on the quality of materials you have and the skills of the contractors you hired. As roofers play a crucial role in your home improvement project, make sure you’re getting a team you can trust.
It’s not difficult to find qualified roofing companies in Virginia Beach when you know what to look for. To make it easier, we’ve listed five warning signs that can help you in your search for the right roofer. If you spot any of the signs below, it may be best to avoid adding that contractor to your short list.
- No License, Insurance, and Warranty – These serve as your protection against subpar work and any untoward incidents that may happen while the contractors are working on your roof.
- No Business Address – When looking for contractors, one of the things you should ask for is their business address. There should be no reason for them not to give their address to their customers. Additionally, verify their business details (including their license) with the state’s board of contractors.
- Cash Payments – Check and credit card payments leave a trail of your transaction with the roofer, which may come in handy when you need to settle a dispute. It may be hard to prove you’ve paid and dealt with a certain contractor when you agree to pay in cash.
- No Local References – Local references give you the opportunity to visit the jobsite and see the quality of work done by the contractors. It also gives you the chance to speak with previous clients and listen to their experience with the roofers, giving you a better idea of their professional ethics and workmanship.
- No Standard Contract – Contracts help you and your contractor set project limitations, expectations, schedules, and deadlines. A roofer should at least have a standard contract to start with and then adjust it according to your needs and project requirements.
Finding a reliable and efficient contractor doesn’t have to be difficult. When you need a Virginia Beach roofing company you can trust, choose The Roofing Company.
Established in 1998, our company specializes in a range of roofing services for commercial and residential properties. To learn more about our services, contact us at (757) 903-0050.